BenQ MP777 4000 ANSI Lumen Projector
The XGA-resolution BenQ MP777 DLP Projector is a powerful, versatile projector with 4000 ANSI lumens of brightness at a 2600:1 contrast ratio that makes large, bright images even when you have a fair amount of ambient light to cope with.
But the MP777 can do lots more than make large bright pictures. For one thing, it can make them all over the world. It's got an international auto switching 100 – 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its OSD (on-screen display) offers your choice of 24 languages. It can also display closed captioning from programming sources that provide it.
The MP777 is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates and of course it does 720p and 1080p high resolution. And those high definition signals will stay in pristine form from the source to the projector thanks to the MP777's HDMI v 1.3 input.
The MP777 can also display all four closed captioning channels from sources that provide it.
The MP777 makes beautiful, vivid pictures thanks to its Texas Instruments DLP DMD (Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device) imaging panel with BrilliantColor. Those millions of microscopic mirrors operate so fast that they can project one image for each eye, making 3-D in your home and office a reality. You bring the 3-D glasses and programming. Your projector is ready to bring you everything from fantastic scientific visualizations to stunning 3-D movies.
The MP777 has beautiful images in its blood. BenQ was the first company to use BrilliantColor technology in its projectors. It makes all of its magic while drawing a maximum of 425 Watts. In Standby mode it draws less than a single watt.
This projector also has two sets of four picture modes. One set is for PC inputs and an identical set is for A/V inputs. For each type there are inputs specialized for brightly lit rooms, presentations, viewing photos and watching movies plus two "user" modes that allow you to save your own picture preferences.
With all of the features the MP777 has you might worry that you'll forget how to perform some of its functions. Not to worry. BenQ has thoughtfully included a "?" button on the projector and remote that lets you browse through FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) to get help on projector operation.
- 4000 ANSI Lumens And a 2600:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for presentations in a large classroom, lecture hall or meeting room or watching a DVD or Blu-ray disc in your media room, even with a fair amount of ambient light.
- Texas Instruments DLP DMD With BrilliantColor Technology
- BenQ projectors were the first to adopt BrilliantColor technology. It's not hard to understand why. BrilliantColor increases color accuracy while it increases color brightness by up to 50 percent over DLP projectors without it. BrilliantColor provides accurate, true-to-life images because in addition to red green and blue, its spectrum includes their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. What's more, DLP projectors require no filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced.
- 3-D Ready For Immersive Educational, Gaming and Entertainment Viewing
- If you've seen a recent 3-D movie in a movie theater, chances are the 3-D effect was generated by a DLP Cinema projector. That same, basic technology has been applied to the MP777. DLP technology uses millions of digital microscopic mirrors (Digital Micromirror Devices or DMDs) that reflect light to create a stunning picture. This imaging technology is so fast, it can actually produce two images on the screen at virtually the same time: One for the left eye and one for the right eye. Then 3-D glasses combine the two images to create an amazing 3-D effect. This projector is ready for the revolution. All you need to add is 3-D glasses and 3-D programming that can include lessons developed for 3-D, 3-D games and 3-D movies.
- Customize With 3-D Color Management
- We're talking about a totally different kind of "3-D" here. With 3-D Color Management you can individually manage not just three colors (red, green and blue) but six: RGB plus magenta, cyan and yellow. Color management provides fine color control adjustment to allow for more accurate color reproduction, should you require it. It's typically used in permanent home theater installations by experienced videophiles or technicians who have the equipment (a test disc and a device called a colorimeter) to tune colors to the most exacting standards.
- Excel with VIDI (Unishape) Superior Image Projection
- To ensure the best possible image quality for all presentations no matter the setting or content, BenQ worked closely with Philips and Texas Instruments to create VIDI (Unishape)—a sophisticated lamp lighting technology that dynamically adapts lamp output to each image/scene with millisecond precision to optimize brightness, color correction, and dark detail definition.
- Meets World Wide Video and Power Standards
- This projector can accept and project video in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL M, N, Pal 60 and SECAM standards and its onscreen display (OSD) lets you choose from 24 different languages. It also has an international 100 – 240 V AC auto switching power supply that draws a maximum of 425 watts. In standby mode it draws less than one watt. No matter where in the world you are, chances are the MP777 will do the job for you.
- Network Ready With an RJ45 Jack
- You can easily connect your MP777 to your LAN via the projector's RJ45 (Ethernet) jack. The projector has its own HTTP page for remote monitoring and control from anywhere on your network. Its internal Web page has buttons that function the same way the ones on the remote control and OSD (on-screen display) do. If you're a network administrator and would like to manage multiple devices through one interface you can download Crestron's compatible and free Roomview software.
- Presentation Timer
- Tired of listening to subordinates and vendors drone on and on during their over-prepared, statistics-laden presentations? Invite them to use your MP777 and set the Presentation Timer to your liking, say five or ten minutes. You'll all see the time you've allotted count down (or up). You're unlikely to lose much important information and you'll gain a whole lot of time.
- Wall Color Correction
- Don't worry if you don't have a projector screen handy. BenQ has studied the most commonly used paint colors and developed easy-to-use Wall Color Correction technology so that you can project almost anywhere and still get the precise color performance you need.
- Quick Auto Search Finds the Active Input Fast
- You often might have multiple inputs plugged in to the projector. With Quick Auto Search activated it will automatically switch to the one that's got the live signal.
- Security Measures Protect Your Investment
- This is one investment with its own built-in security. The security measures include a Kensington slot, a control panel key lock so settings can't be changed and a user selectable password to turn the projector on and off.
- Closed Captioning
- The MP777 can display closed captioning from programming sources that provide it. Closed captioning was developed to make TV more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for those learning English as a second language.